Taste of Soul Youth Ambassadors: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Los Angeles Sentinel is looking to recruit young men & women from South Los Angeles to serve as Youth Ambassadors for the Taste of Soul Community Block Party on Saturday, October 19, 2013.
Taste of Soul Youth Ambassadors are committed and inspiring South Los Angeles teens ranging from sixth grade to university students. Among their many character traits, the group of young people will be expected to strive to connect their community by influencing others and representing their community in a positive manner. Ambassadors will be expected to demonstrate compassion, sympathy, empathy as well as work ethic, values, morals and a sense of civility and community. Taken together, the youth will learn what it means to engage compassion in a purposeful manner while serving as agents of change in their community. The Ambassador experience will nurture and reinforce their talents as they become mature and influential adult leaders who will build new opportunities for new generations. The Taste of Soul Youth Ambassador program helps youth realize their potential as leaders, transcend barriers and make a difference through actions and ideas.
Participants will be required to complete a 16-hour training program in order to be considered for the Youth Ambassador opportunity. Information about this training will be provided upon receipt of a complete Youth Ambassador application.
To apply, young men & women must:
1. be between the ages of 13 and 21;
2. live in South Los Angeles;
3. demonstrate a high level of commitment to community service and maturity;
4. submit one reference letter from a teacher or school administrator and one reference letter form a representative at a community service site;
5. be willing to participate in all areas of need (host, usher, escort, valet, etc.); and
6. print, sign, and mail-in a completed application. Download Application Here
For more information, please visit BrotherhoodCrusade.org or contact Dr. Nathan Sessoms directly at (323) 846-1649.
Applications must be mailed to:
Taste of Soul Youth Ambassadors
c/o Brotherhood Crusade
Attn: Ms. Pamela Bakewell
200 East Slauson Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90011